You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service usage) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and traffic data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to us, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver license, credit card statement, or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
We may combine your information such as email addresses, phone numbers e.t.c with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. You may also receive adverts or messages from us or a third party (individuals, companies, corporate organization e.t.c).
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, contents and advertising;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint content and services (for example, registration, transactions and customer support). Our corporate affiliates will send marketing communications only to users who request these services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history.
- Law enforcement agency under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
Activity Associated with User IDs
Your User ID is displayed throughout our website and is therefore available to the public. All of your activity on our sites is traceable to your User ID. Other people can see your purchases, items that you have purchased in the past, items for sale, storefronts, feedback, ratings and associated comments, and so on. Notices are sent to other community members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites and refer to User IDs and specific items. Therefore, if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your activities.
Using Information from S.Mobile Netzone Limited
We enable you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- our transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through our (e.g. escrow, insurance, shipping and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. Please report related spam or spoof emails to us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement.
We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to your account. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.